Sunday 18 November 2012

Nummer vier

This was another tricky one, the pattern calls for a cluster stitch, which took me a while to get the hang of.  There is meant to be quite a defined X on this block, which is not very obvious on my one.  I think this is because I inserted the hook into the wrong parts of my stitches in each previous round. As a result, my finished block has raised stitching and looks more like a dartboard, but I really did not want to have to unravel it and start all over again.  I'm particular, but not that particular.

I'm learning that crochet is a little more forgiving when a mistake like that is made, as long as the general shape of the completed block is the same size as my other ones, I should be able to join them together easily enough.


Degree of difficulty: Cluster stitch was a bit problematic - I am obviously someone who needs to be physically shown how it is done rather than follow a pattern so I was finding my way in the dark on this one
Time taken: 2 hours (I'm sensing a pattern here)
Result: My least favourite of the bunch so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.