Monday 19 November 2012

My first lace block.  I am using a hook about half the size of the one specified in the patterns, simply because that is what I have at home.  I imagine that if a larger hook was used, lace blocks would be feel quite flimsy and easier to get snagged on things, so I am happy with how this smaller block looks and feels.

A couple of large mistakes were found in this pattern, I'm blaming those for how slow I was to complete this block!  There is no way I would have known how to fix the errors, so thanks again to the girls in the online crochet group I've joined for their helpful corrections.


Degree of difficulty: The last few rounds of the block were quite hard (exacerbated by pattern errors)
Time taken: 2 hours
Result: It's not particularly symmetrical, but once it is joined to the others, it should look okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.