Monday 3 December 2012

सोलह, सत्रह, अट्ठारह, उन्निस

Just like Alison Moyet, I'm feeling all crocheted out.  So, I am going to give you the rest of the blocks LMNOP-style - you know, the bit in the alphabet where it goes faster than the rest of it. That way, we can get through this drudgy bit a little quicker.  I just want to get the blanket finished already, and I'm sure you want me to as well.

So, here are four completed blocks, numbers 16-19.

Just when you think you are getting the hang of crochet, they throw number 16 at you.  I tried, I really did but it still looks like a dropped pie.


Degree of difficulty: Rounds 3 and 4 require careful attention
Time taken: 1 hour
Result: See above photo - and then laugh.


There was another mistake in the pattern for block 17 (some instructions were printed twice in round two), but I could see that for myself and corrected it so maybe now I can elevate myself from novice crocheter to the ranks of beginner?  The white pattern in the middle is made using cluster stitches and the outer stitches are treble crochet stitches.


Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 1 hour
Result: A bit like Kate's new 'do', I'm a little unsure on this one.


I am still scarred by the memory of block 16 and it doesn't help that I can actually see it on this page but here is my shining crochet moment.  It actually looks the one in the pattern photo.  I love you, block 18.


Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 1 hour
Result: Another of my favourites.


Ok, block 19 looks a little sunken in the middle, but it's actually not, I just pulled a little too tightly on the tail when I weaved it in and didn't correct it before taking this photo.  I know you'll forgive me.  


Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 1 hour
Result: This would probably look better as one solid colour, but I wanted to use white to give balance when the blanket is put together.

2 comments:

  1. My fav of this lot is block 16. So there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Block 16 will be so happy to know it has a friend :).

      Delete

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.