Thursday 18 October 2012

Taking flight

I have always wanted to be able to draw.  And sing.  And have nice legs.  Turns out I have none of those things so I have to make the best with what I have been given.  Since I can't draw, I had a go at making an origami mobile last night.  I am not going to say what they are supposed to be and if someone has to ask me what they are, then my paper folding skills are worse than I thought.  These were made from square memo paper we had lying around the house.  The frame is one of those stainless steel mobiles designed to hold photos.

I found an origami tutorial online and once I went through the demonstration, I was able to make each of the remaining models in under two minutes.  I made one each for my children and put them on the table for them to find at breakfast-time.  They didn't even notice them! Eyes like their father.


Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 45 minutes
Result: I like the idea, but will probably redo it at some stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.