Saturday 1 June 2013

Seventh Sphere

Comments left by readers can reveal quite the treasure trove of talent, can't they? I have discovered some very talented craftspeople over these past few months, some with lovely small businesses quietly going about their lives and who I think really deserve to be taken notice of.

One of those people is Bel of Seventh Sphere. Although she did not win my latest giveaway, I clicked on her linked name in her comment (because I'm nosey) and discovered she designs and makes really gorgeous purses and bags, big and small. She is from Wollongong (loving that place name!), Australia and when I emailed her to tell her how much I loved them, we arranged to do a swap. I may have got the better deal.

She received some fabric that I have had for a few months and was looking for a way to destash, and she said, Destash is Wollongong's transliterated name, so off it went across the ditch.  Her beautiful coin purse arrived soon after, which was destined for one of my daughters, but I love it so much, I'm keeping it for myself. Now, every time I open my bag, I have a little bit of Aussie sunshine coming out of it.
Photo from Seventh Sphere Etsy shop

The purse is a great size to hold my loose change although Bel makes them in an array of sizes, including ones to fit credit cards too.

The purses are all handmade, lined, and have a secure clasp closure.  Some are made from vintage fabrics, others from contemporary new fabrics, and you can be sure there will be something there to suit everyone's tastes. Shipping is very reasonable too - $4.00 for shipping to New Zealand - that's cray-cray!

Here are some of my bag picks, but really, I had a hard time choosing.

A highland sling *snort*:
Photo from Seventh Sphere Facebook page

Or some paisley, perhaps?
Photo from Seventh Sphere Facebook page

Dude.  I know.  But don't take my word for it, go and check out her Etsy shop.

Oh, you're still here. You're probably looking for a link to her Facebook page. Now, go on, go and check her out.

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely lovely goodies! yay for finding awesome people!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.