It started out with so much promise. All three children were out of the house for six hours and the day stretched out before me. I had set up my overlocker and sewing machine the day before to maximise this precious time. What happened instead were machines that ate my fabric and broke their needles. I hadn't got around to replacing the needles from the last time the overlocker was used, so sewing has ground to a halt.
All I have to show you are the covers I made yesterday for the Hottie Project, which were actually test runs but might indeed be the ones I send by default *eyeballs overlocker and sewing machine*. I had a play with an old terry towel bathrobe and used some store-bought pom pom trim, but found the end result to be a bit thin, small and underwhelming. The hottie that's nottie. So, I added a crochet motif but it still feels a bit meh. It's the New Zealand X Factor of hottie covers.
I went looking for a string of oversized pom poms yesterday to ramp things up a notch The Voice Australia-style, but there was nothing available, so you just know I had to go and make my own. They didn't take long to make, probably half an hour. Love pom poms. They're like spots in 3D. When my husband asked if I was actually seriously for reals going to use them, I knew I was onto a winner. I shall not be responsible for your child still being awake in bed at 10pm because they are having fun playing with their hottie cover.
|Give me an H! Give me an O! Give me a T-T-I-E!|